Connecting The Walter’s vast collection of art and architecture to a broader audience.
Walters Art Museum
Our redesign for the Walters helped the museum connect with a larger and broader community to bring art and people together for enjoyment, discovery, and learning.
Project at a Glance
- Style and structure made it easy to dive deeply into their collection of 11,000 pieces of art
- Filtered browsing options gave users a discovery experience similar to the museum itself
- Cataloging system was an elegant, educational, and public tool
Bringing the Collection to Life Online
A new intuitive and inviting interface encouraged visitors to explore, download, research, collect, and share over 11,000 pieces of art. Using BigTree's flexible module architecture, we helped The Walters Art Museum turn their artwork cataloging system into an elegant, educational, and public tool. The site offered several browsing options; from category and date range to location in museum and popularity in the community, to give the user a similar discovery experience that they might get when visiting the museum itself.
- On-site Discovery
- Content Strategy
- Design Concepts
- Design System
- Front-end Dev
- Back-end Dev (BigTree CMS)
- Ongoing Strategic Support